Undergraduate Research Scholarship and International Research (Travel) Grant Open
Applications, eligibility requirements, and recommendation forms for the Autumn 2023 Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Research Scholarship (URS) and International Research Grant (IRG) competition are now available at https://aschonors.osu.edu/opportunities/scholarships/undergrad. The deadline for applications for the Autumn 2023 competition is Friday, October 13, 2023 (before 5:00 p.m.). Awards will be announced in December. Students may earn scholarships ranging from $250 to $8,000.
To be eligible for the URS, students must:
- Be enrolled in a major program in the college of Arts and Sciences (please note: Arts majors working on a creative or research project should apply for the Arts Undergraduate Research Scholarship rather than the general URS available through this application but may apply for the IRG);
- Be earning a degree in the college of Arts and Sciences
- Have attained junior standing by time of funding;
- Be a potential candidate for graduation with research distinction or with honors research distinction or present evidence of work on a significant research project;
- NOT be graduating Autumn 2023 semester;
- NOT be an awardee of the Spring 2023 competition;
- Be enrolled full-time during semesters of funding (Spring 2024);
- Have an Ohio State faculty advisor with whom they work to devise and refine a proposal, and who will be responsible for overseeing the project once it is underway.
To be eligible for the IRG, students must:
- Intend to travel outside of the United States for a purpose related to their research project;
- Be currently enrolled in a major program in Arts and Sciences (please note: Arts majors planning to travel internationally to engage in research or creative projects may apply for the International Research Grant);
- Be earning a degree in the college of Arts and Sciences;
- Have an Ohio State faculty advisor with whom they work to devise and refine a proposal, and who will be responsible for overseeing the project once it is underway;
- Not be travelling to a risk-designated country (please note the information about travel restrictions, which is included on the application materials).
The scholarships will be distributed during Spring 2024 for the URS and Autumn 2023 for the IRG. The funds automatically go toward the payment of the student recipient’s university tuition and fees, (please note the information about financial aid restrictions, which is included on the application materials).
Please direct questions to Lindsey Chamberlain, Assistant Dean of Academic Enrichment at firstname.lastname@example.org.