Biology 3401 - Integrated Biology
(requires prerequisite Chem 1220)
MolGen 4500 - General Genetics
or MolGen 4606 - Molecular Genetics
Additional Coursework (choose at least 4 of the following)
Biochem 4511 - Introduction to Biological Chemistry
or Biochem 5613 and 5614 - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I and II
EEOB 3310 - Evolution
Micro 4000 † - Basic and Practical Microbiology
or Micro 4100 † - General Microbiology
EEOB 3510 - Cellular and Developmental Biology
or MolGen 5607 - Cell Biology
EEOB 3520 † - Microscopic Anatomy
EEOB 2510 † - Human Anatomy
or Anatomy 2300.01 † - Human Anatomy
or Anatomy 3300 † - Advanced Human Anatomy for Undergraduates
EEOB 4510 † - Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
EEOB 2520 - Human Physiology
or EEOB 4520 - Comparative Physiology
or PhysioCB 3200 - Human Physiology (prior to AU14 - 3101 and 3102 - Human Physiology I and II)
Core, specialization, and elective courses must total 32 semester units, and must include three laboratory courses.
- Core, specialization, and elective courses must total 32 semester units, and must include three laboratory courses.
- At least 25 of the 32 semester units must be courses in Biochemistry, Biology, EEOB, Microbiology, or Molecular Genetics, and courses outside these departments must be pre-approved by a Biology advisor.
- Electives must be at the 2000 level or above, except for Biology which must be at the 3000 level or above.
- Up to 3 credit hours of research, individual study, or internship may be counted toward the major and, with approval of a major advisor, may be counted as a laboratory course.
- Transfer credit allowed - no more than one half of the credit hours required on the major.
- Honors versions of courses substitute freely.
† courses within the major with a laboratory component