Anthropology 2200 - Introduction to Physical Anthropology
(for higher level Anthropology courses if taken in the specialization)
Biology 3401 - Integrated Biology
MolGen 4500 - General Genetics or 4606 - Molecular Genetics
Biochem 4511 – Introduction to Biological Chemistry or 5613 and 5614 – Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I and II
Choose at least 3 of the following:
Anthropology 5607 - Human Osteology
Anthropology 5608 - Skeletal Biology
Anthropology 5609 - Dental Anthropology
Anthropology 5610 - Bioarcheology
Anthropology 5644 - Forensic Anthropology
Biochem 5615 - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology III
MolGen 5601 † - Eukaryotic Molecular Genetics Lab
MolGen 5607 - Cell Biology
MolGen 5701- DNA Transactions and Gene Regulation
Micro 4000 † or 4000.01 † or 4000.02 † - General Microbiology
MolGen 4591S or equivalent - DNA Finger Printing Workshops in Columbus Public Schools
- Core, specialization, and elective courses must total 32 semester units, and must include three laboratory courses.
- At least 25 of the 32 semester units must be courses in Biochemistry, Biology, EEOB, Microbiology, or Molecular Genetics, and courses outside these departments must be pre-approved by a Biology advisor.
- Electives must be at the 2000 level or above, except for Biology which must be at the 3000 level or above.
- Up to 3 credit hours of research, individual study, or internship may be counted toward the major and, with approval of a major advisor, may be counted as a laboratory course.
- Transfer credit allowed - no more than one half of the credit hours required on the major.
- Honors versions of courses substitute freely.
† courses within the major with a laboratory component